- Architects: Ipiña+Nieto Arquitectos
- Location: Monjitas 530, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
- Project Team: Tadea de Ipiña Mariscal, Jorge Nieto Pujol.
- Area: 1075.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Pablo Casals-Aguirre
- Collaborator: Ignacio Hornillos
- Construction: Moguerza Constructora SPA
- Client: Inversiones Inmobiliarias Araba S.L .
From the architect. The apartment building La Juliana is located in the very heart of Bellas Artes area in central Santiago. Its frontal façade measuring 8,77m, a quite narrow front, overlooks calle Monjitas.
The aim of the design has been that all apartments had cross-ventilation, allowing to open to both north (living) and south (bedroom) façades. The project takes advantage of this double orientation by conceiving it as a continuous space articulated by a big wall cabinet unit in the dividing wall. This cabinet is adapted to the space it serves, from the living to the kitchen, from the kitchen to the bathroom and from the bathroom to the bedroom.
A big patio gives natural light to each flat. This patio allows the apartment to overlook an inner common space, aiming to create communication within the residents.
The main street openings of these apartments are designed to direct the look of the resident to the busy and active calle Monjitas, an important street which connects hot points of the city such as Lastarria and Plaza de Armas.
from ArchDaily http://ift.tt/2v6VFzn